Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Marrying a Filipino

Filipinos are everywhere,they work in different countries and can easily adapt to other cultures and different environment.

They are easy to get along with,very friendly and hospitable.

These are possibly the reason why almost anywhere you go,you'll see a filipino coupling with a foreign person.

Most of these people who marry filipino men/women are americans.

Westerners consider brown skin beautiful except for the racist ones who are probably insecure of everyone outside their race.

Other than that I find most americans friendly and easy to get along with.

The Philippines is more 'westernized' compared other asian countries because of the colonizers (you will notice this once you visit the Philippines and other asian countries),the reason why filipinos can get along with caucasians better than other asians.

They don't fit in stereotypes for asians. They are very different when it comes to their looks,attitude and culture.

They are open with other cultures and people,one of the reasons why some foreigners prefer living in the Philippines and there are a lot of them marrying filipinos (other than the cheap cost of living.

Its easier to marry a filipino than other asians because most (not all) asian parents do not allow their son/daughter marry someone outside their race while filipino parents don't really care about your race if they think that you are a good person.

They may not accept you at first but that has nothing to do with your ethnicity because even if the lovers are both filipino,they still encounter these kinds of problems.

Because filipinos are family-oriented,their parents (the whole family,actually) would test you if you are really in love and your intentions are good and you wouldn't just leave their son/daughter.

They may treat you a bit cold with suspicion in their eyes at first but once you proved them that your intentions are good,they will treat you like a King/Queen and you're immediately part of the family.

You can't blame some filipinos for giving you cold stares because some foreigners don't treat filipinos good when they are in other countries and others come to the Philippines to get young sex partners.

Also,they are very religious so if you're planning to marry a filipino,you have to take every word that the priest says,seriously.

''In sickness and in health,'til death do us part'',filipinos take those lines seriously (one of the reasons why you can NEVER go wrong in marrying a filipino except if you're marrying gold diggers or poor desperate ones,they will only get all your money and leave).

They don't appreciate garden weddings or whatsoever,maybe they would but they believe that whatever kinds of wedding you do,you should still be married in the church exchange vows in front of God.

There is NO divorce in the Philippines so you shouldn't marry someone because you 'think' you love her/him.

You have to be sure,filipino couples usually take years before planning for marriage.

You can only marry a filipino (woman,usually) quickly if you only met her on the internet and if she's desperate for a green card.

You can't just leave when you get tired,NO DIVORCE.

3 comments:

Nicky said...

Hello there. Im very lets just say...scared. Im caucasion/japanese and my boyfriend is filipino from the PI. We been together for a year, but im scared his family doesnt accept me. His mom said im beautiful and his uncle said hes smart for choosing me after I told him my ethnicity, but im still nervous and I dont know why. Maybe im thinking his family would rather him be with a filipino...I dont know. A little help please? Thanks!


And I love ur blogs, its so much help. Keep it going!

Nicky said...

Ohh and im not sure how this works, how I would be able to see ur response....so email me at crazii_ghurl@yahoo.com

and u can let me know how to check for ur response cus idk if you post another comment to this blog and i just check it once in a while to see if u responded. thanks so much!

ChocNotes said...

Hi, how are you? I was surprised to see a comment on my blog because I haven't updated it for almost a year now. I'm always glad to give advice to other people.



So you have a filipino boyfriend and you met his relatives. Based on what you said, I think his relatives like you otherwise they wouldn't give you those compliments. Filipinos are not very strict when it comes to the ethnicity of the person that their son/daughter would marry. They actually love foreigners and they treat them very special. I live in the Philippines so I know what the people here think about foreigners.



The Japanese are often described as kind, generous, hospitable and honest. My Aunt is Filipino and she had a Japanese boyfriend and our relatives liked him a lot. I'm sure that your boyfriend's relatives will accept you.
If they don't, it doesn't matter as long as your boyfriend loves you. He has his own life and he can make decisions for himself. If he loves you, he would continue his relationship with you whether his parents like it or not. If you love him, you will do your best to gain his parents' trust and soon they will accept you and treat you
like you're a part of their family.



I can relate to your situation because my sister-in-law was not accepted by my parents. My parents doesn't want her for my brother. I've never heard them say anything good about my sister-in-law, thats how much they hate her because she had an attitude problem. In the end, my parents learned to accept her. She and my brother have a baby now and they've been together for almost six years.



See? They hate her at first but even though she had a bad attitude, she was still accepted. I'm sure that your boyfriend's parents like you, I think you're nice and pretty. As long as you treat them good and you respect them, there will be no reason for them not to accept you.
Just show them that his Uncle is right, that he is smart for choosing you.



I've been always curious about Japanese people, I met a lot of them but I never really
had a chance to talk to them like this. I think they are very kind and respectful.

Good luck to your relationship!

I already sent you an e-mail, i don't know if you read it so i posted my response here

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Blogger Templates